ffmpeg GUI/ Frontend for Ubuntu / Fedora
ffmpeg is a very powerful command line Video / Audio conversion, editing utility which is available for practically all platforms, Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, and even Mac. But the command line options are often confusion for the beginners and also a hassle to keep track of. WinFF comes to the rescue. It provides a nice frontend / GUI to get your job done without having to do any command line hacking.
WinFF is available for Windows 95, 98 , ME, NT, XP, VISTA, and Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat based GNU/Linux distributions. Some key features listed on their website includes
- Easy to use interface.
- Fast (Winff does not hinder FFmpeg in anyway).
- High quality output.
- Converts multiple different files all to the same format at once.
- Convert video to audio.
- Convert between audio formats.
- No external codecs needed.
- Includes a variety of preset conversion settings for common formats and devices.
- Preset conversions can be created or modified to encode to any format FFmpeg supports.
- Easy access to common conversion options such as bitrate, frame size, frame rate.
- Specify additional command line parameters for advanced users (options button).
- Easily change FFmpeg versions.
- Supports FFmpeg’s multi threading for dual core processors
- Multilingual, available in over 10 languages
On Ubuntu installation is very simple:
sudo apt-get install winff
Windows users can download it from here.
Usage is very intuitive and simple. You add the file by hitting the Add button and then select the output folder and format and hit the Convert button. You can modify or control options by clicking the Options button.
On hitting the Convert button, a terminal window is launched and the encoding is carried out using ffmpeg. Very convenient, highly recommended!
You might also like
|Extract Audio Out of Youtube (flv) Videos for Free Earlier I talked...||Extract Audio From Youtube HD MP4 Video Files What if you...||Make Time Lapse Video from Images in Linux (ffmpeg) I have earlier...||Download and Convert YouTube Videos For Free Video DownloadHelper...|