Free Tools for Harddrive Partition and Disk/Partition Cloning
Managing disk partition could never be easier with GParted. Just grab a live CD, burn it and boot with it, and its Linux based gui makes creation, deletion and resizing partitions super trivial. Very reliable and absolutely free. I have been using this for quite a while now (2-3 years), and I never had a corrupted partition or bad partition table.
Heard of Norton Ghost, yeah the age old OS cloning ultility, well Clonezilla does it all and more. Back up your partitions or hard disks, supports disk to disk copy, partition to partition or partition to disk modes. It even supports Massive cloning over the network. It personally saved me a lot of hassle when I had upgraded my laptop to a bigger hard drive. I just cloned my older drive and I was good to go and yeah it was pretty fast too.
Possibly related posts (generated automatically):
- Best Partition Software for Windows and Linux (Free)
- Add, Extract, Delete or Rotate Pages in a PDF Using Free Tools
- Shrink or Reduce Partition Size in Windows 7
- How to mount the LVM type partition/volume on linux
- Convert Any Document (Word) to PDF For Free (Windows 7)
- Move /home to a New Partition (Ubuntu 10.04 or 10.10)
- Free Blu-ray Ripping in Windows 7 Using DVDFab HD Decrypter
- Free Virtual Drive Software for Windows 7
You might also like
|Best Partition Software for Windows and Linux (Free) Gparted is...||Transfer Ubuntu Windows Dual Boot Installation to New Hard Drive One might need...||Shrink or Reduce Partition Size in Windows 7 If your want...||Restore Grub 2.0 after Windows 7 Install (Ubuntu 11.04, 10.10, 10.04 or 9.10) I had Ubuntu...|