Know my Windows PC
Being a geek one has to assemble his own machine and not just that it is a lot cheaper than buying one from HP or Dell. I will go into the hardware and then the software I use on this PC. This is my main computer and I use it much more than my MacBook Pro, more about which in a different post sometime. For the time being, you get to know my Windows PC.
Rule no. 1 for DIY jobs is to somehow get the most bang for every dollar spent and that’s exactly what I wanted to do. I went with AMD processor to save some cost and I have a previous AMD HTPC that has worked for 2 years without any trouble and it remains virtually ON 24×7! Here is the list of components:
Motherboard: I went with MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD chipset, ATX form factor with USB 3.0 ports and lossless 7.1 surround sound HD audio.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 AM3 2800 MHz quad core with 8 MB cache is the workhorse in the machine.
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 6GB (3 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR3 1333.
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card.
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Supply
Tower Case: Cooler Master Elite 310 ATX Mid Tower Case (Black/Orange)
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG EcoGreen 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Monitor: Dell PSeries P2411H LED Widescreen 24in.
Keyboard-Mouse:Logitech MK320 wireless keyboard and mouse.
Wi-Fi adapter: TP-LINK TL-WN722N USB 2.0 High Gain Wireless Adapter.
Printer: Brother Printer HL2270DW Wireless Monochrome Printer.
Desk Speakers: Cyber Acoustics Subwoofer Satellite System.
Stay tuned! Developing…..
Possibly related posts (generated automatically):
- Convert Any Document (Word) to PDF For Free (Windows 7)
- $80: Brother Printer HL2270DW Wireless Monochrome Printer
- $200: Brother Printer MFC7860DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
- $79: Canon PIXMA Multifunction Wireless Photo Inkjet Printer
- $220: Brother HL-3070CW Compact Digital Color Printer with Wireless Networking
- $428:Brother MFC-9320CW High Quality Digital Color All-in-One Printer with Wireless Networking
- Auto Mount Windows Partitions in Ubuntu 10.10, 10.04 Lucid
- SSD Hack (Configuration Optimization) for Windows 7
You might also like
|Why Should You Build Your Own PC? Recently I...||Amazon Launches Cheaper Wifi Only Kindle Massively...||Can’t Run .exe Files On Windows 7 Machine This happened...||Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04: Dual Boot vs Wubi vs Virtualization It can be a...|