Low Light Monster: Nikon D3s
What camera should you buy if you have $5000+ to spend? Answer might be obvious — Nikon D3s! While Canon seems to be focused more on breaking the Mega-pixel barrier, by churning out high MP DLSRs like Canon EOS 5D Mark II with 21.1MP and Canon EOS 1D Mark IV with 16.1 MP cameras. Nikon seems to be quietly putting more effective pixels per pixel by working on the holy grail for low light or ambient photography. With Nikon D3S 12.1 MP DSLR Nikon has inched closer to that goal. Sample this
- 12.1-megapixel, FX-format CMOS sensor; 720p HD video capture
- Low-noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 12,800 with max ISO of 102,400
- Continuous shooting up to 9fps
- Fast, accurate 51-point AF system
- 3-inch super-density 921,000-dot VGA LCD; one-button Live View with two shooting modes
- Dual CF card slots with overflow, backup and copy options (CF card not included); and up to 4,300 images per battery charge
Who wouldn’t want one? Don’t tell me you already started to think of ways of getting rid of all your cumbersome bulky tripods.
I know somebody out there would whine about only 720p video capability or for the camera being heavy. But even they would know that this is the dream camera for many if not most photographers! For those with 5k cash its a reality.
I use D300 which goes to 6-fps which makes you ecstatic already, what would happen with 9fps. As of now I cannot afford a D3s so no hands on comments from me. But you can read more and checkout sample images from here.
Possibly related posts (generated automatically):
- Nikon D3000 10MP Digital SLR Camera Deal – Super Hot
- $649: Nikon 1 J1 10.1 MP HD Digital Camera with 10-30mm VR 1 NIKKOR Lens with Free Accessory Bundle
- $259: Nikon Coolpix S80 14.1 MP Digital Camera with Touch Screen 5x Wide Zoom (Black)
- $80: Nikon Coolpix L22 12.0MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)
- $378: Nikon Coolpix P7000 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 7.1x Wide Zoom-Nikkor ED Lens and 3-Inch LCD
- $900: Nikon D90 12.3MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens
- $229: Nikon COOLPIX P300 12.2 CMOS Digital Camera with 4.2x f/1.8 NIKKOR Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Black)
- $1,674: Nikon D7000 16.2MP Digital SLR with 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens