Make Ubuntu 10.10 Look Like Snow Leopard in One Step!
We had tried earlier to mimic the look and feel of Mac OS (Snow Leopard) for Ubuntu 10.10 and 10.04, but with only limited success. The process was not only cumbersome, the final product wasn’t as perfect as you would like it to be. Things have changed and changed for good, with the advent of Macbuntu. They have automated all the process and have put together the best set of themes and hacks to get the feel closest to that on a real Mac, including the top panel context menu, which changes based on the active application. So if you’re using GIMP, the file menu will reside in the top panel, and if you switch to another utility, the panel layout will change. Currently it doesn’t work for all applications (like Firefox etc.) but works for most common Linux applications.
Gone are the multiple steps and hacks, now you can transform your Ubuntu machine to a Macbuntu in one step, just by answering a few simple questions, the default answers for which would be adequate for most users.
Start by downloading the corresponding package for Macbuntu from here. Untar the downloaded file from where you downloaded it.
tar xzvf ./Macbuntu-10.04.tar.gz -C /tmpcd /tmp/Macbuntu-10.04/./install.sh
It would ask for the super user permission (sudo) and then ask a bunch of simple question which you can answer of press enter to continue with the default choice (as I did). You would see some of the changes being applied as the installer progresses. After it has finished restart to the Mac Goodness! Uninstall instructions are given here.
Possibly related posts (generated automatically):
- Make Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Look Like Mac (Snow Leopard)
- Make Ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04 Look Like Mac (Snow Leopard)
- Dual Boot Windows 7 and Fedora 16 Verne (Step by Step Guide)
- Dual Boot Windows 7 and Fedora 15 Lovelock (Step by Step Guide)
- Free DVD ripping in Snow Leopard, Windows 7 or Ubuntu 9.10
- Install Hackintosh (Mac OS X Snow Leopard) Using VirtualBox on Windows or Ubuntu
- Cross-Platform Music and Photo Sharing – Simplify Media (Windows 7/Snow Leopard/Ubuntu 9.10)
- Best Torrent Software (Windows 7, Snow Leopard, Ubuntu 9.10)
You might also like
|Make Ubuntu 9.10 or 10.04 Look Like Mac (Snow Leopard) If you are...||Best Torrent Software (Windows 7, Snow Leopard, Ubuntu 9.10) μTorrent is...||Writing on NTFS volume in Snow Leopard – MacFuse I found it...||AdBlock for Safari 64-Bit – Safari Adblocker Safari Adblocker...|