Scientific Linux 6 Alpha 4 Released
Troy Dawson has announced the availability of the fourth alpha release of Scientific Linux 6, a distribution built by compiling source packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, but with extra applications that can be useful in academic environments: “We have released the fourth alpha of Scientific Linux 6. Changed since alpha 3: Red Hat logos change – changed background, changed background on GDM, change KDM theme; Plymouth change – generic (non-graphical) start-up now has blue instead of red; packages added – OpenAFS 1.6.0, liveusb-creator 3.9.2. Known issues: packages that haven’t been built, and aren’t in the release – perl-Sys-Virt; if you install OpenAFS during the install, you do not get the ‘firstboot’ screen that asks you which cell you want; we have not put in any external repositories, such as EPEL or RPMforge, we expect to add these when we move to beta.
Read more at: Distro Watch
Possibly related posts (generated automatically):
- Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal (Alpha 1) Preview
- Linux for Computer Forensics: DEFT Linux 6 Released
- Superb Mini Server 1.5.5 Released
- Puppy Linux 5.2 Released
- Linux for High Performace Computing: PelicanHPC 2.3 Released
- $266: Sony HVL-F43AM Sony Alpha System HVL-F43AM Flash Unit for Alpha DSLR
- Best Looking Linux Distribution – Mint Linux?
- $27: La Crosse Alpha Power Battery Charger
You might also like
|Puppy Linux 5.2 Released The minimalist...||$266: Sony HVL-F43AM Sony Alpha System HVL-F43AM Flash Unit for Alpha DSLR Amazon has...||Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal (Alpha 1) Preview It is going...||Linux for Computer Forensics: DEFT Linux 6 Released Distro watch...|